Next Step - Sciences Workshop
|Date/time:||6 April 2017, 10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Location:||Monash University, Clayton Campus - PLACES STILL AVAILABLE|
Which science course is right for me? What is university study like? Can I do it?
If you are in VCE, have a passion for science and are thinking about these questions and more, then this workshop is a must for you.
You'll get to explore a university campus and science facilities, check out a university research laboratory, and meet scientists and science students.
You'll also have the chance to quiz university science students in a Q&A forum, to get valuable hints and tips about your transition from school to university, to help you take the first step towards your dream professional career.
You can bring a parent along too. (When applying, please indicate in Section 2 - Parents by adding 'Yes' after parent first name, if a parent will also attend.)
In this activity you can:
- find out, first-hand, what university life is like;
- hear from several Victorian universities about what they can offer you;
- understand the varied options available in studying science at uni and careers beyond;
- get advice on how to get there;
- learn about where a science qualification can take you.
Life at university is not just about study. The ‘Next Step’ workshop will also showcase
- the different support services that are available for all university students;
- the people and places on a campus that are there to help you;
- the diversity of exciting clubs and societies you can get involved with while you are studying at uni, and
- the range of resources available to make your journey through university exciting and rewarding, allowing you to perform at your best.
Attending this half day information session will help you to understand where university and a career in the Science professions can take you.
Whether you’ve made your decision about which career to pursue or are still considering your options this program will assist you in many ways. There will be so much advice and assistance in this half day workshop it's one not to be missed. So please come and join us for our Next Step Sciences Workshop, then make the Leap into Science.
For more information contact the LEAP Team.
Applications close: 31/03/2017
Careers Curriculum Framework learning outcomes
Year 11: 1, 2, 4
Year 12: 3, 5
The Victorian Curriculum
VCE: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Psychology.
Check out more information on this website about the sciences professions. Discover the skills needed, learn about making the leap to university, read stories from recent graduates and more...
|LEAP learning outcomes:||Making it Happen|
|Target audience:||Individual students|
If you/your school need support for travel costs to join in this activity,
please read about LEAP travel support before registering.