Year 11-12 Next Step - Health Workshop
|Date/time:||4 April 2017, 9:30am - 1:00pm|
|Location:||The University of Melbourne - PLACES STILL AVAILABLE|
Information for VCE students
Which Health profession is right for me? What subjects do I need? What is university study like? Can I do it? What courses are there?
If you are in VCE, thinking about these questions and more, then this workshop is a must for you.
What will I do in this workshop?
You’ll get to explore the health care industry in depth and find answers to help you to make informed decisions about your next step - into university - as well as demystifying uni life.
Guest speakers from the Department of Health will tell you about:
- the types of jobs predicted to be needed in the next 10 years;
- where the shortages are expected to be; and
- how important it will be to fill these jobs in the future.
Current university students will talk you through some of their own experiences and a leading university academic will be on hand to answer all your questions.
You’ll hear all about:
- entering university and the differences between secondary school and university study;
- what university life is really like; students’ own experiences in their study or their chosen field of work;
- work placements in health courses – what are they like and how do you get one; and
- the way universities are structured and how they work.
Life at university is not just about study. The ‘Next step’ workshop will also showcase:
- the different support services that are available for all university students;
- the people and places on a campus that are there to help you;
- the diversity of exciting clubs and societies you can get involved with while you are studying at uni; and
- the range of resources available to make your journey through university exciting and rewarding, allowing you to perform at your best.
Attending this half day information session will help you to understand where university and a career in the Health industry can take you.
Whether you’ve made your decision about which career to pursue or are still considering your options this program will assist you in many ways. There will be so much advice and assistance in this half day workshop it's one not to be missed. So please come and join us for our ‘Next step’ workshop, then make the leap into Health.
Please note – Places are limited so booking is essential.
Applications close: 31/03/2017
For more information contact the LEAP Team.
Careers Curriculum Framework learning outcomes
Year 11: 1, 4, 5, 7, 8
Year 12: 3, 4, 6
Check out more information on this website about the health profession. Discover the skills needed, learn about making the leap to university, read stories from recent graduates and more...
|LEAP learning outcomes:||Making It Happen|
|Target audience:||Individual students|
If you/your school need support for travel costs to join in this activity,
please read about LEAP travel support before registering.