Future leaders - Don't miss this exciting opportunity - 1 Sep 2017
Senior years students from LEAP Priority Schools can apply to participate in Victoria University’s annual Student Leadership Conference on 1 September. The Conference is embracing the theme 'Leadership for Social Change'.
This is an exciting opportunity for senior students to experience discussion, debate and enquiry, which are essential elements of university life.
- Network and engage meaningfully with university students and become empowered as future leaders in society
- Participate with university students in learning what it takes to become a leader
- Be inspired by presentations and workshps delivered by professional speakers who have contributed to making a difference in society.
The main conference audience is Victoria University students - Victoria University has generously offered 10 places for LEAP Priority School students to participate, free of charge.
Note: This is a Victoria University event, not a LEAP event, so LEAP Terms and Conditions do not apply.
Event and application details:
When: Friday, 1 September 2017 (all-day event)
Where: Melbourne’s Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne.
How to apply: Expressions of Interest to VU at E:
Attach your Attendance Permission from School/ parent/ carer, a completed Photographic Permission (PDF 141Kb), and say (in 100 words or less):
• why you want to participate in the Conference, and
• what are today's most important issues for social change.
Expressions of interest close 10 July 2017:
If selected to attend, you will also be asked to write a short article after the Conference, based on this experience, to be published in your school newsletter and on the LEAP and VU websites.
Categories: Business, Design, Engineering, Health, Law, Sciences, LEAP Program news